Thursday, December 13, 2007

Well, deep subject... here it is...

Yep, I finally did it... never thought I would... didn't think it would work and then just in the past few months I have been just bombarded with them... almost every day driving in the car... I'd be so overwhelmed I'd wish that someone would just open my brain and jot down all those profound thoughts... then after awhile I'd just think awwww... who am I to think that I am anyone special who would have any more profound thoughts than anyone else... thoughts that anyone would ever want to read or hear about...
So then, now, in a fit of irrationality I started my own blog... here it is you're reading it, Bobs thots... here and now and I wonder if the profound thought that come in the shower or when I am driving will now dry up as I attempt to spill them from my brain and intermost being on to the screen. I also titled my blog "Bob's Book" because as many people always want to write a book, I too want this. I want to write something so profound and insightful into the humann condition that it is just a best seller and flies off the shelf and I probably secretly want to become rich from putting those profound thoughts down in writing and challenging ideas. But, I'd never admit to that part... wanting to have a best seller... or even just a seller, which I could be paid for.
Well one thing that I will add to my first entry here is a link to a youtube video called "Did You Know 2.0"
It is a short movie put together for some educational board out west last year to generate discussion for the future concerns of education. It has made a profound impact on me and I think just everyone should be considering these facts in this video. Its implications are huge and overwhelming. My friend David whom I love and adore brought it to my attention and we had some cursory in depth comments about it. There is a lot there to take in and then ruminate over and then the BIG question... what to do with it...
Anyway, I am sure that I will make more comments about it in the future. It is something that you just need to watch and rewatch and then figure out a response..., an appropriate response, whatever that may be... but all I can say for now about it is a very significant WOW.

here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMcfrLYDm2U

rdcjr Print Article
-->

No comments: